Term 4 Written Language
WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
- have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
- have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
- have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
- have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
- used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader
My Grandma by Liam Calderwood
My grandma wears green and white T-shirts. My grandma’s environment is the garden with purple flowers, grass, apple trees and cows and horses. In my grandma’s garden there is celery and carrots.
You have made a good start and begun to describe your grandma’s environment but I have no real picture in my mind of what she actually looks like. You need to describe her physical appearance.
1. Use adjectives (describing words) and maybe some similes so there is a clearer picture of your grandma in the mind of the reader.